Graphics driver updated for macOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195)
Contains performance improvements and bug fixes for a wide range of applications.
Includes NVIDIA Driver Manager preference pane.
Includes BETA support for iMac and MacBook Pro systems with NVIDIA graphics
Release Notes Archive: (some older Mac Pros can't install Sierra)
This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) & Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users.
(Mac Pro 5,1 is also ID for 2012 model. 2009 Mac Pro can run Sierra with the unofficial EFI 5,1 update.)
BETA support is for iMac 14,2 / 14,3 (2013), iMac 13,1 / 13,2 (2012) and MacBook Pro 11,3 (2013), MacBook Pro 10,1 (2012), and MacBook Pro 9,1 (2012) users."
(Nvidia promised Mac drivers with Pascal card support in April - See reader report above.)
Other News, Reviews, Updates, PR, OT: (later added first)
(Tip for Firefox users: in about:config, set value of network.IDN_show_punycode to true.
Chrome 58 fixed this vulnerability, which prevents domain name spoofing via unicode.)
D/L Nvidia Graphics Driver Update 378.05.05.05f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.4
D/L Nvidia CUDA 8.0.81 Update (supports new driver for macOS 10.12.4)
Final Cut Pro X v10.3.3 (with release notes doc)
Apple Compressor v4.3.2 (with release notes doc)
Apple Motion v5.3.2 (with release notes doc)
iMovie for OS X v10.1.5 (free, macOS 10.11.2 or later)
Pandora iOS App v8.3.2 (fix SSL cert validation)
Linux on a Recycled Mac: Trying to Make It Work
Software developer details the Mac Pro that Apple should build
Late 2013 Mac Pro Desktop CPU, Graphics Chip Specs Updated
Office 2016 for Mac v15.33.0 Update
Security Updates for Adobe Flash Player, Photoshop CC, Acrobat, Reader
Firefox web browser for iOS v7.1 (iOS 9 or later)
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- About macOS Recovery
- About Mac Startup Tones
- How to Set up iCloud Drive
- How to Use multiple displays with your Mac
- How to use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac
- Use the CD or DVD drive from another computer with your Mac
- Low power alert with USB devices, USB keyboard, USB SuperDrive
- If you don't see some Mac features when using Windows on your Mac
- (Troubleshooting) Get help with iOS update and restore errors
- If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime
- View and remove your associated devices in iTunes