News Archive for Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com
|Apple/product related Reviews/News/Rumors/SW Updates
As a FYI to any Late-2012 Mac Mini owners (some still affected by HDMI/video dropouts/flicker/snow, etc) - I've added a bit more info (and link to Gefen HDMI Detective Plus (appx $86 US) to the previous notes on EDID in my article on Late-2012 Mac Mini HDMI/Video problems and tips. (Also added a note about one owner's comments about Firewire Audio interface speaker noise to the info on Late 2012 Mac Mini Bluetooth module DIY shielding to reduce USB 3.0 interference.)
|New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles: (incl. Tuesday)
Listing/links to updates, articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Including Info/tests of 2012 Mac Mini video problems, DIY Fusion drives in older Macs and more.)
|Previous news summary:|
Monday, December 10th, 2012 News Archive
- Late-2012 Mac Mini EFI Update (to fix HDMI Video Flicker)
- MacBook Pro/8600M GT & Radeon 2600XT Repair/Extension Programs End
- "Made in USA" Mac likely to be 2013 Mac Pro
- Reviews of new 21.5" iMac and 13" Retina MacBook Pro
- In-Depth iPad 4 Review
- Threads on several problems with OS X Server 2.2 update (some with tips/fixes)
- New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
- OS X Server: Advanced configuration of the Caching service
- iPhone: VoiceOver audio doesnt go to the speaker phone
- AirPlay: May have checkerboard screen when playing a downloading movie
- iOS 6/OS X 10.8: Link your phone no/ID for use with FaceTime/iMessage
- Late 2012 iMacs/13in Retina MacBook Pro: Menu bar may not appear on first login
- iMovie: May not recognize video clips on Contour camcorders
- iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ, more
- Exams for Service Technicians
- Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count
- Mac notebooks: Spotlight indexing may make the fans run
- Apple Computers: Troubleshooting the slot-loading SuperDrive
- iPhone: Troubleshooting No SIM or No Service
- Preparing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for repair or return
- Other News/Articles/OT:
- Review of Behringer iNuke Boom Junior
- The price of airline iPad freedom
- (The Lord of the Rings Online for Mac (steam)
- Valve confirms Steam Box coming in 2013 to compete w/next-gen consoles
- Ford says software update will fix 2013 Escape & Fusion coolant problem
- How One Millionaire Made Himself a Pint-Sized Ferrari
- Onkyo TX-NR3010 A/V Receiver review
- 5 lies your TV salesperson will tell you
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
Data Doubler Kits!
OWC XLR8 SPECIALS!
(click for sales)
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= SSDs from under $50! =
Fast SSDs for Most Mac Models!
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 6 TB HDs!
Hitachi, WD, Seagate, Samsung HDs
= 2.5in HDs & SSDs =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO/LCDs/TV =
Graphics cards, TV tuners, DVR, adapters and more.
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases & More