"About (Late 2013) Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.0 (5 MB)
Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update v2.0
This update is recommended for all Mac Pro (Late 2013) models.
This update improves system reliability during reboot, resolves an issue with memory self-test, and improves graphics power management when using Boot Camp.
- OS X 10.9 or later
- EFI requirement:
- EFI 0116 (MP61.88Z.0116.B00.1311020956)
- EFI 0116.02 (MP61.88Z.0116.B02.1311222014)
- Model Property requirement: MacPro6,1"
FYI: There's now a Late 2013 Mac Pro specific OS X 10.9.1 updater download, using the URL (DL1707) of the original (generic) OS X 10.9.1 updater D/L page from Dec 16th, which has now been changed to a different D/L page URL (DL1715). (I've updated the Dec 16th news to include all 3 updaters (generic, Late 2013 Mac Pro, Late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro) with their current URLs.)
The new late 2013 Mac Pros at the online Apple store were showing "Available to ship by Dec 30th" for base/standard configurations as of 7AM EST launch day (Dec 19th), but when I checked again 2 hours later they were showing "February". (They have an option to check for stock in stores by area/zip code, but all here showed only ship to store option.)
Tim Cook Kicks Off 'Made in USA' Push With Mac Pro
All New Mac Pro Available to Order Starting Thursday, December 19
Research shows MacBook Webcam can spy on users with turning on its LED
Freeware VM VirtualBox 4.3.6 (has Retina OS X Host 3D bugfix)
Toast Titanium 11.2 (3175) Update (OS X 10.9 compatible)
Civilization V on Mac App Store Gets Major Update
Apple Configurator 1.4.3
Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
- What to do before you sell or donate your Mac
- About graphic resolutions for OS X inkjet and laser printers
- iCloud: Why am I getting spam?
- My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits
- About iCloud subscribed calendars
- How to manage unused iTunes Gift Card & Gift Certificate balances
- How to resume interrupted iBooks Store downloads on your Mac
- How to Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes