Bill sent a note about a free utility to convert APFS to HFS+
"The problem with the method in the blog post (below) is it erases the subject disk in the process of converting from APFS to HFS+. There is an app which makes the change without (normally) affecting the content of the disk, although it does need space for temporarily storing files. It can be found at the link below and is a free download. I have used it with success, i.e. it worked and in the process did not delete any data.
Basically it moves data, makes the conversion, and puts the data back into an HFS+ file system on the same disk. https://www.paragon-software.com/home/apfs-hfs-converter/
(Requirements: MacOS 10.12 or later.
Sufficient internal or external disk space for conversion output, based on volume size.)
(They note the App has an option to backup data before conversion.)
My experience with Paragon APFS-to-HFS+ Converter was with a 2013 13" MacBook Air on which I had updated to High Sierra from El Capitan. I used the Paragon app to convert to HFS+ after the automatic install of APFS by the High Sierra installer.
(FYI, before installing the OS update, I had replaced the Apple 128 GB NVMe SSD with a Kingston SA-1000 480 GB NVMe SSD.)
(I know Paragon has been around for years but always leery of 'free' software that may have adware, or result in unwanted email offers/spam, etc. so asked Bill about that.-M)
Nope, although I do use AdBlock, so if somehow it had introduced spam, etc, I would not have seen it anyway.
iOS 12.1.2 Released (appeared again in Dev list on Thu Dec 20th - re-release?)
- Fixes bugs with eSIM activation for iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
- Addresses an issue that could affect cellular connectivity in Turkey for iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
- Fix a crash that could occur on startup on iOS devices.
- Fix an issue where Geekbench may not identify the Mac mini (Late 2018).
Civilization VI for iOS v1.0.6 (iOS 11 or later)
- Revamped 60-turn trial.
- Added support for latest iPhones and iPads.
- Minor bug fixes and UI tweeks.
(Aspyr article below says update fixes Graphic corruption on iPhone XR models and Black bars appearing on either side of the game window.)
04.10.15 Update for 2018 LG OLED TV USA B8PUA, C8PUA, E8PUA, W8PUA models.
(LG US Download pages, 04.10.15 update dated 12/17/2018.)
Change info from page's "Reference" link:
1) To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app is on. (Except US Model)
2) Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)
Intel's Architecture Day: Future of Core, Intel GPUs, 10nm, Hybrid x86
Liqid Element AIC Review (7.68TB PCIe SSD)
Nvidia TITAN RTX Ultimate PC Graphics Card with Turing
05.80.15 Update for 2017 LG OLED TVs (B7/C7/E7/G7/W7 US models)
Microsoft December 2018 Patch Tuesday
WordPress 5.0.1 Security Release
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- If sound quality is reduced when using Bluetooth headphones with your Mac.
- Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference (with Tips).
- How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- How to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
- How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen to Apple TV.
- If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement.
- Apple Vintage and Obsolete Products Listing updated.
- How to redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books.