News Archive for Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS Updates/Wi-Fi
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Tips/Op-Ed/Software/Updates:
= From my Sponsor =
miniStack MAX, 4-in-1 Storage Solution
Combines an external drive, optical drive, SD card reader + USB powered hub. Interfaces: 2x USB3.0/2.0, eSATA, 2x FW800 and USB charging port. Available with up to 4TB HD (+ Blu-Ray writer or CD/DVD writer/Blu-Ray-reader) or as an enclosure kit (add your own drive(s))
[Several 0GB Enclosure kits and optical drives on site specials page]
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Monday July 8th, 2013 News Archive
- Apple's 5 Year App Store Promo (5 free Apps and games)
- Cocktail 6.5 (Mountain Lion Edition) released
- Deus Ex: The Fall coming to iOS this Thursday
- Review of Random Heroes (free) game for iPhone/iPad
- Review of Flashout 3D (game) for Mac
- Thunderbolt problems in Boot Camp/Windows 8
- Apple Bucks High-Tech Slippage in Fortune Rankings
- How wrong-headed can one Apple analyst be?
- (Rumor) Apple's budget iPhone 'leaked'
- Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- Apple Diagnostics: Reference codes
- Mac Basics: Launchpad
- Important documents to keep after buying an Apple product
- Do I need to register Apple accessories with my AppleCare agreement?
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2012): Installing or replacing memory
- How to install Remote Desktop Admin after client software has been updated
- iOS: Understanding 'Erase All Content and Settings'
- iOS devices: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures
- Apple TV: How to use your Apple remote for Apple TV
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!