"macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update for MacBook Pro (2018) (1.31 GB)
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update improves the stability and reliability of MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2018) computers and is recommended for all users."
Earlier I saw Apple's Developer releases list macOS 10.13.6 Build 17G2208/15P6703. I hear these builds are for new 2018 MacBook Pro models to fix the 'throttling' (mentioned in an earlier Geekbench blog post) with the 8th gen Core CPUs. (The original public release of 10.13.6 was build 17G65 on July 9th.)
Some performance enhancements added to the previous version of CCC could occasionally lead to errors affecting tasks that specify a remote Macintosh source. This update modifies those performance enhancements to avoid those errors.
Errors related to being unable to access Apple-private folders in the user home folder are now suppressed.
Fixed a crashing issue that occurs when clicking on the source or destination selector. This only affects El Capitan users when VoiceOver is enabled.
Added an option to the 'ccc' command-line utility to print schedule information in CSV format.
(For info on changes in CCC v5.1.3 update, see July 20th news.)
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
Joe sent a link to Intel® Power Gadget 3.5.3, updated 7/21/2018.
(Software-based power usage monitoring tool for 2nd Gen or later Core™ CPUs. Page lists OS X 10.6 or later, but Ralf replied current version requires macOS 10.13.)
2018 MacBook Pro Performance Comparisons to Previous Models
Comments on changes in 2018 MacBook Pros (and costs of loaded configurations)
List of supported Gamepads for LEGOŽ Marvel Super Heroes 2 on macOS
NAT Type and port forwarding (Aspyr COD MW game support)
July 2018 Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory (includes Java)
Freeware VM VirtualBox 5.2.16 (see Change Log)
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- Identify the ports on your Mac
- About iCloud Photo Library
- Set a FileVault recovery key for computers in your institution
- How to use AirDrop on your Mac
- How to use True Tone on your 2018 MacBook Pro
- Mac computers that use OpenCL and OpenGL graphics
- Use Blackmagic eGPU with your Mac (includes Radeon Pro 580 8GB)
- How to use an external graphics processor with your Mac
- How to use Night Shift on your Mac
- Troubleshooting a Mac that won't turn on
- How to use target disk mode to move files to another computer
- How to create a NetBoot, NetInstall, or NetRestore image
- How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac (added note on Macs with T2 chip)
- How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac (ditto)
- Mac startup key combinations
- About Mac startup tones