Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips, OS Updates, WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.18 Update (release notes)|
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the May 29, 2020 Carbon Copy Cloner v5.1.18 release notes:
- Addressed an issue that Apple introduced in 10.15.5 (FB7706647) that will prevent CCC from establishing an initial backup of a macOS Catalina system volume.
- Starting in 10.15.5, CCC will no longer back up a macOS Catalina System volume to a disk image destination (i.e. a sparseimage or sparsebundle disk image file). We're making this change reluctantly, unfortunately we just can't get reliable results when using Apple's proprietary utility with disk images.
- Added a green checkmark emoji to the subject of "task completed successfully" emails.
- Improved upon the previous attempts to suppress VirusBarrier attached-but-not-mounted disk images in CCC's sidebar.
- When backing up to a OneDrive or Dropbox folder, CCC will no longer replace online-only placeholder files with a non-placeholder from the source unless the two files' modification dates differ. This resolves an issue in which a user flags a OneDrive/Dropbox folder as "online only" and CCC replaces the placeholders with real files, causing OneDrive/Dropbox to re-upload the content.
- Addressed an issue in which some sparse files were getting copied during every backup. In some cases this led to a noticeable performance degration.
CCC has many useful features, including Bootable Backups and Clone Recovery HD.
"The macOS Installer creates a proprietary recovery volume on your startup disk that can be used to reinstall macOS. CCC is the only backup software that archives and clones this recovery volume. We simplify this complex procedure into a single click!"
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!