"About MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.2 (5.22MB)
This update is recommended for MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, late 2013) models with NVIDIA graphics. This update addresses an issue which, in rare cases, may limit the performance of the discrete graphics processor after a system wake or boot.
Mac OS X 10.9
MBP112.88Z.0138.B00.1310031144 (EFI 0138.00)"
Assume the last line is the affected EFI/bootrom version (although it's not truncated).
"About MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.3 (4.64MB)
This update is recommended for MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2013) models.
This update addresses an issue where the built-in keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive.
Mac OS X 10.9
MBP111.88Z.0133.B00.1309220923 (EFI 0133.00)"
(Also added this update link to the Oct. 30th news page that had the previous Apple support notes/workaround on this problem.)
That doc has more info on fixes/improvements and a reminder on backing up before updating. (BTW: Later saw this thread in Apple's Mavericks forum with a couple users saying the Nov 7th Mail update added problems - BBOD, Exchange account won't sync and one user reported Time Machine wouldn't allow a restore back to previous version. Not sure if he tried restoring when booted to Recovery partition. I'd try a Safe Boot and reinstall using the Download Updater first though.)
WD Posts Revised OS X 10.9 Warning and Mac WD Software Uninstaller
Mac OS X Mavericks review (T3)
Apple Reveals Government Data Requests
NuGuard KX Cases for New iPad Air and iPad mini retina (w/intro sale pricing)
Apple Patents Home Automation Tech that Adjusts Settings Based On Location
Flagship Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out: Kindle Fire HDX/iPad Air/Nexus 10
What New Features are coming in updates to Apple iWork Apps
Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
- About iBooks for Mac
- About the new iWork for Mac: Features and compatibility
- OS X keyboard shortcuts
- OS X: About Network Utility
- OS X: Changing or resetting an account password
- OS X: How to create and deploy a recovery key for FileVault 2
- OS X: How to disable automatic login when FileVault is enabled
- OS X: Low power alert with USB Devices, USB Keyboard, and USB SuperDrive
- Archived - OS X: Starting up with 32-bit or 64-bit kernel
- OS X Mavericks: System Requirements
- OS X Mavericks: Profile-based certificate renewal
- OS X Mavericks: Home folder appears different after completing Setup Assistant
- OS X Mavericks: Check Date & Time preferences for "This copy of the Install OS X Mavericks application can't be verified..." Installer message
- iPhoto for iOS: AirDrop or Beam slideshows with music
- iPhoto for iOS opens to a mostly black screen
- iPhoto for iOS: About auto-sized prints
- iOS 7: How to reduce screen motion
- iPhone, iPad, iPod: Resetting iTunes sync alerts
- Understanding which SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses