It came with the SATA power to molex adapter. Since I don't have a 4th drive in my Mac Pro it was convenient to hook this card up with that power port. (Were you already using the 2nd Optical Drive bay?) I had to break off one of the tabs on the SATA power connector, but it fit nicely.
MacOS 10.13 beta build 17B46a recognizes the card fine, and I have an older Hitachi Touro 4TB USB 3 drive hooked up to it for time machine backups. I get 158MB/s write and 160MB/s read off that drive and the USB 3.0 card.
I can't speak to how reliable it will be but I was certainly surprised with the ease and performance of the card.
Cheers, John W."
Thanks John. Let me know if you update High Sierra (to non-beta) without any issues.
A reader asked if the Mac Pro would sleep with a USB device connected to this card. He's using a 2008 Mac Pro, didn't specify OS X version but said if anything is connected to his USB 3.0 card the Mac Pro won't sleep.
"Are there any updates on Sleep support with the USB card? I've installed a USB 3.0 card in my Mac Pro 3,1 however if any USB device is attached the machine will immediately wake when put to sleep. This has influenced which devices I connect to which ports. If this card doesn't share this problem I'd love to know.
What card brand/model and OS X version are you using?
Can you unmount the USB device before putting the Mac Pro to sleep? (If so does that help?)
Request for Feedback on Mac Pro Tower USB 3.0 PCIe cards:
If you're using a PCIe USB 3.0 card OK with your Mac Pro, let me know the details - Mac Pro model, USB 3.0 card model, any drivers required, any sleep or performance issues, etc. (Send reports to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
The Tips page has previous reports on PCI USB 3.0 and Combo USB 3.0/eSATA cards.
iOS 11.1.2 release notes
Includes bug fixes for iPhone X. This update:
- Fixes an issue where the iPhone X screen becomes temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid temperature drop
- Addresses an issue that could cause distortion in Live Photos and videos captured with iPhone X
Can APFS be used with Time Machine, Boot Camp, and File Vault?
iOS 11.1.1 release notes (fix autocorrect bug and siri problem)
Apple opens Everyone Can Code initiative to students around the world
Rumor: Apple Ramping Up Work on AR Headset (with "rOS") to Succeed iPhone
Clips introduces Selfie Scenes for immersive, 360-degree selfies on iPhone X
Apple Clips iOS app v 2.0 for iOS 11.1 or later (long list of changes)
YouTube iOS App v12.44 (Support for iPhone X, 'pinch to zoom' in fullscreen)
Infuse Video Player v5.6 update for Apple TV and iOS
Pandora iOS App v1711.1 (bug fixes)
Intel to Create 8th Gen CPUs with Radeon Graphics w/HBM2 using EMIB
Rivals AMD, Intel partner to take on Nvidia
Chrome 62.0.3202.89 stable channel update
Sony STR-ZA3100ES AVR firmware update (add Dolby Vision pass through)
D/L v04.70.07 Update for 2017 LG OLED TV B7P, C7P, E7P, G7P, W7P models
Apple Support Article Updates:
- About the security content of iOS 11.1.1
- Troubleshooting Home Sharing for iTunes libraries
- About the Super Retina display on your iPhone X
- How to Use Animoji on your iPhone X
- How to Use emoji on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to Use AirPlay or Screen Mirroring on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- How to Use and customize Control Center on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch