|News: (Updates to VLC, News, LG TV FW, Chrome, Onkyo AVR FW)|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|VLC Media Player 3.0.15 Update (Pulled)|
(Update: Download pages reverted back to v3.0.14. v3.0.15 news page post was removed.)
The VLC 3.0.15 release page has details on improvements and fixes. A macOS version download is at the VLC Media Player for Mac page. (Requires macOS 10.7.5 or later and a 64-bit Intel-based Mac. VLC for older OS X versions are listed down the linked page.)
|HomePod Software Update 14.6|
Apple finally updated about HomePod Software Updates for version 14.6.
It simply says 14.6 includes "general performance and stability improvements", the same note as the 14.5 update. (The update was released earlier, but the article updated for 14.6 on June 11th.)
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR (later first) [= skip =]|
|Apple WWDC21 Keynote Video and New OS Press Releases [= skip =]|
|Apple Beta Updates
Current Developer releases as of June 7, 2021.
Apple also has Public betas. See Beta FAQ for info on joining or unenrolling.
- Xcode 13 beta (13A5154h)
- macOS Monterey beta (21A5248p)
- iOS 15 beta (19A5261w)
- iPadOS 15 beta (19A5261w)
- watchOS 8 beta (19R5266q)
- tvOS 15 beta (19J5268r)
(Below from June 2nd)
- macOS Big Sur 11.5 beta 2 (20G5033c)
- iOS 14.7 beta 2 (18G5033e)
- iPadOS 14.7 beta 2 (18G5033e)
- tvOS 14.7 beta 2 (18M5533c)
- watchOS 7.6 beta 2 (18U5533b)
(Public beta version updates are usually shortly after developer releases.)
|Other News, Software/Firmware Updates, PR, OT (later first)
= from my sponsor =
|Recent Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates (later first) [= skip =]|
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
- Use AirPlay to stream audio (June 10)
- About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music (June 9)
- Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad (June 9)
- Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices (June 9)
- Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone (June 9)
- If your left or right AirPod isn't working (June 9)
- About lossless audio in Apple Music (June 8)
(Removed the note about it not being available yet.)
- How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro (June 8)
- Play HDR video on Mac (June 4)
- Lists Macs that support HDR video on HDR10-compatible displays, TVs & projectors.
- Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty (June 3)
- originally titled "Vintage and Obsolete products".
- Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad (June 2)
- If you get a personalization error when reinstalling macOS on a M1 chip Mac (June 1)
- About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote (June 1)
- Mac mini (M1, 2020) - Technical specifications (May 26)
- Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with your Apple TV (May 25)
- If Touch ID isn't working on your Magic Keyboard with Touch ID (May 24)
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID requires a Apple silicon Mac & macOS 11.4 or later.
- Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone (May 24)
- Find out which macOS your Mac is using (May 24)
- Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode (May 22)
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Keyboard compatibility with iOS devices (archived May 22)
- If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad to your Mac (May 22)
- Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac (May 21)
- Mac computers with Apple silicon (May 21)
- Added 2021 iMac 24-inch M1 to list.
- Connect a display to your Mac (May 21)
- Identify the ports on your Mac (May 21)
- Added 2021 M1 iMac to list of Thunderbolt / USB 4 Macs.
- About USB on Mac computers (May 21)
- Identifying Apple TV models (May 20)
- Added 2021 Apple TV model.
- If your Apple TV remote isn't working (May 20)
- added new Siri remote.
- If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi (May 20)
(originally titled "Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV")
- How to turn off or restart your Apple TV (May 20)
- Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device (May 18)
- Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive (May 17)
- Set up iCloud Drive on all of your devices (May 17)
- How to cancel a subscription from Apple (May 17)
- iOS update and restore errors (May 14)
- If iCloud Mail isn't working (May 14)
- If you see a Cellular Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart (May 14)
- If you can't send or receive email on your Mac (May 13)
- Watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app (May 13)
- If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (May 10)
- Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (May 10)
- Institutions that support health records on iPhone and iPod touch (May 10)
- If your Mac doesn't turn on (May 4)
- If your Mac starts up to a question mark (May 3)
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software/driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
May 31st to June 4th, 2021 News Archive
- Micromat MachineProfile 1.4.5 adds support for 2021 M1 iMac.
- DisplayLink Manager macOS App v1.4 for macOS Big Sur & Catalina.
- June 2nd Downloads of Security Updates for macOS Catalina & Mojave.
- Updates to Pages, Numbers & Keynote apps for Mac and iOS/iPadOS (v11.1).
- Micromat Drive Scope 1.2.13 update (adds Apple NVMe SMART support).
- Firefox 89.0 and Firefox ESR 78.11 (includes security fixes).
- M1 iPad Pro Benchmarks and Review.
- Apple Transporter version 1.2.2.
- Apple's WWDC21 Swift Student Challenge winners.
- iOS Chrome browser version 91.0.4472.80.
- Total War: ROME REMASTERED Patch 2.0.1 out now.
- LG ZX OLED TV Firmware Update 03.13.05.
- LG CX/GX/WX OLED TVs Firmware Update 03.23.06.
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates.
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= MAC UPGRADES =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= New/Used Macs =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 8TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
= NuGuard KX Cases =
*Extreme* Drop Tested!