Implemented a workaround for a macOS bug in which IOKit retains copies of virtual device objects for some hard drive enclosures when the devices are physically detached from the system. The presence of that remnant leads IOKit to create a new, duplicate device when the hard drive enclosure is reattached to the system. The presence of the duplicate device is usally harmless, but it would lead to errors from CCC backup tasks about duplicate devices having the same unique identifier. This problem appears to be specific to some Western Digital enclosures and occurs primarily on macOS Sierra, though we have seen one report on OS X 10.11.6.
Fixed a cosmetic issue in which the "time elapsed" value noted in CCC's Task Plan was errantly longer than the actual elapsed time.
Fixed an issue in which CCC would fail to validate a NAS volume at the beginning of a backup task if the NAS credentials username contains an "@" character.
macOS Sierra's Finder obstinately refuses to remove system items protected with System Integrity Protection flags even when those items reside on an external volume (and are thus not actually protected). This version of CCC adds a "Delete a SafetyNet Folder" option to CCC's Help menu to help people that want to manually remove items from CCC's SafetyNet folder. Please note that CCC's automated pruning of the SafetyNet folder is unaffected by this Finder-specific matter. CCC will continue to automatically manage the SafetyNet without any additional effort on your part. This new feature is entirely for people that want to manually remove system file-containing folders from the SafetyNet.
Fixed an issue in which CCC would ask for authentication credentials for a NAS volume (e.g. when selecting it as a source or destination) despite that CCC already had the credentials for another sharepoint on the same NAS device.
Addressed an edge-case scenario in which CCC would report that it was unable to locate the source or destination root folder on a NAS volume when that NAS volume had been mounted by the logged-in user (vs. mounted by CCC at the beginning of the task).
Fixed an issue in which CCC would report that it lacked a password for the email notifications account if the username for that account contained a "/" character.
Little Snitch 3.7.1 (4722) for OS X 10.10 or later
- Further improved compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Fixed crashing issue in Known Networks window of Little Snitch Configuration.
- Fixed an incompatibility with VirtualBox that could result in a kernel panic.
- Improved factory rules.
- When a connection attempt is allowed or denied automatically (according to Preferences > Alert > Confirm connection alert automatically) a user notification is now shown. This allows you to review those automatically handled attempts later in Notification Center. By default, these notifications disappear after a few seconds. If you want them to stay on screen, open System Preferences > Notifications and change the alert style for Little Snitch Agent from "Banners" to "Alerts".
Yamaha MusicCast Controller (US) iOS app v2.10 (iOS 9 or later)
- Added TIPS how to use MusicCast
- Support iOS10 (upgraded response of browsing and widget design)
- Overall stability has been improved, and new functions are now available
Software Update v04.30.65 for LG OLED UHD TV 55/65B6P (US D/L page)
(from page's "Reference" link, which has other (LCD) models listed also)
- Improve Sony PS4 Pro no signal issue (HDCP fail)
(Hopefully next update may add HDR Game mode like C6/E6/G6 update below.)
Software Update adds HDR Game Mode (with reduced lag) for LG OLED HDTV models 55/65C6P (v04.30.19), 55/65E6P (v04.30.19), 65G6P (v04.30.70)
(from page's "Reference" link, C/E pages have other (LCD) models listed also)
- To Apply HDR Game Mode
(links are LG US D/L pages if update does not appear using TV update check.
Update version numbers vary by region - the above are US versions posted Nov 30th.)
Professional grade, 4-bay enclosure with dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports and RAID-ready (including RAID5), perfect for meeting demanding workflows of users. Reliable, Versatile and Capable. Up to 40TB Capacity (RAID model). Or add your own Drives with a Thunderbay 4 Enclosure Kit.
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1 release notes
- How to Create ePub files in Apple Pages
- If you can't send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Lists of available trusted root certificates in macOS
- Lists of available trusted root certificates in iOS