|Current News: Updated 10/16 (Safari Tech Preview 94, Apple Web Server Fixes, Other News)
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/macOS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Safari Technology Preview 94 released|
Download available for macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina beta.
(If a previous version is installed, use software update in System Prefs.)
|Developer Beta Updates|
Current Developer releases. (Updated Oct. 16th, later first)
(Apple also has Public betas. See the Beta FAQ for info on joining or unenrolling.)
- iOS 13.2 beta 3 (17B5077a)
- iPadOS 13.2 beta 3 (17B5077a)
- watchOS 6.1 beta 4 (17S5076a)
- tvOS 13.2 beta 3 (17K5078a)
(below from Oct. 11th)
- Xcode 11.2 beta 2 (11B44)
- macOS Catalina 10.15.1 beta (19B68f)
|macOS 10.15 Supplemental Update, and iOS 13.1.3/iPadOS 13.1.3 Updates|
Saw a new build number (19A602) for macOS Catalina in the dev releases today. It's for a "Supplemental Update", available via software update.
"The macOS Catalina Supplemental Update includes installation and reliability improvements, and is recommended for all users. This update:
Improves installation reliability of macOS Catalina on Macs with low disk space
Fixes an issue that prevented Setup Assistant from completing during some installations
Resolves an issue that prevents accepting iCloud Terms and Conditions when multiple iCloud accounts are logged in
Improves the reliability of saving Game Center data when playing Apple Arcade games offline."
Also released today are iOS 13.1.3, and iPadOS 13.1.3 with bug fixes/improvements.
(Apple's security updates page lists all these but notes they have no published CVE entries.)
|Freeware VM VirtualBox 6.0.14 Update|
VirtualBox 6.0.14 update's Change Log has details on bug fixes/improvements, including a fix for GUI VM process crash that happened frequently with macOS 10.15 Catalina hosts.
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR (later first)
= from my sponsor =
|Recent Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates (later revised first)|
(There were over 20 new/revised articles in last week's news)
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
|Adobe Security Updates|
Links to Oct. 15th posted Adobe Security Update bulletins.
= from my sponsor =
OWC's Clearance/Garage Sale has parts, upgrades and more.
RAM, Enclosures, Repair Parts, and also Macs
|Other News, Software Updates, Reviews, OT (later added first)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software and driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
|Previous News Archive Summary:
October 7th to 11th, 2019 News Archive
- macOS 10.15 Catalina, Safari 13.0.2, and Xcode 11.1 released
- Little Snitch 4.4.3 Update (macOS 10.15 compatible)
- Final Cut Pro X 10.4.7, Logic Pro X 10.4.7, Compressor 4.4.5, Motion 5.4.4 Updates
- Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.12 Update
- Pixelmator Pro 1.5 'Avalon' and Pixelmator iOS 2.4.7 Updates
- DisplayLink v5.2.1 Beta 2 USB Software Update for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- LS Blog on How kernel prelinking works on macOS Catalina (or not)
- Article on Apple Arcade: Unlimited Cross-Platform Gaming
- Mercury Elite Pro Thunderbolt 3 Dock and Dual-Drive RAID
- Critical Security Issue identified in iTerm2 (Mozilla Open Source Audit)
- Article on Cloning Catalina with Carbon Copy Cloner
- Logic Remote app for iPad/iPhone v1.3.5 (Requires iOS 13.0 or later)
- What's new in Photos app in macOS Catalina
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates
- How to upgrade to macOS Catalina
- About the security content of macOS Catalina 10.15
- About macOS Recovery
- How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery
- How to create a bootable macOS installer (now includes macOS 10.15)
- About the screens on your Mac as it starts up
- About the security content of Swift 5.1.1 for Ubuntu
- What happened to iTunes? (itunes isn't part of macOS 10.15)
- Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi
- Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer
- Get help with iCloud Keychain
- What to do if your Mac is lost or stolen
- Switch libraries with the Music app or Apple TV app in macOS Catalina
- How to change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac
- How to update the software on your Mac
- How to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings
- If You Forgot the Passcode for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch or Device is Disabled
- If you see a Cellular Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!