News Archive for Friday, August 23, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Rumors/Op-Ed: (not much today)
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
= From my Sponsor =
miniStack MAX, 4-in-1 Storage Solution
Combines an external drive, optical drive, SD card reader + USB powered hub. Interfaces: 2x USB3.0/2.0, eSATA, 2x FW800 and USB charging port. Available with up to 4TB HD (+ Blu-Ray writer or CD/DVD writer/Blu-Ray-reader) or as an enclosure kit (add your own drive(s))
[Several 0GB Enclosure kits and optical drives on site specials page]
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Thursday August 22, 2013 News Archive
- Apple Logic Remote for iPad v1.0.1: Release notes (and Troubleshooting docs)
- OS X Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.08 (Apple D/L page)
- Apple's TV vision wants ESPN, HBO, Viacom and others along
- New Borderlands 2 update adds option for new DLC in-App purchases
- Empire: Total War Gold Edition v1.1 Update adds Multiplayer
- Insight: At Apple, Tim Cook leads a quiet cultural revolution
- iMessage, Photo Stream, Backup and more down for some
- Pandora Mobile App update adds Sleep Timer
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- MacBook Pro (15in, Mid 2010): Intermittent black screen or loss of video
- Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues
- iWork for iCloud beta: Frequently Asked Questions
- Logic Remote: May not connect to Logic Pro X with some Firewall settings
- Logic Remote: May not connect if Touch OSC device already installed in Logic Pro X
- Vintage and obsolete products
- How to clean Apple products
- iPad: Basic troubleshooting
- Using your iPod as a storage drive
- iOS: Troubleshooting USB connection
- Xsan: How to adjust the journal size
- Xsan: Available free space incorrect on heavily fragmented volumes
- Other New/Reviews/Tips/Tech/OT:
- Pandora Removes 40 Hour Per Month Limit On Free Mobile Listening
- Carmakers look to video games for new routes to market
- Nasdaq market paralyzed by 3-hour shutdown
- IOGEAR Puts Wireless HDMI into the Matrix
- 7 Innovators over 70
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!