Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Tips, OS Updates, WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.11 Update (release notes)|
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the August 30th, 2019 Carbon Copy Cloner v5.1.11 release notes:
If you missed it August 20th, here's CCC 5.1.10 release notes with macOS Catalina known issues.
- Relaxed the restriction related to cloning a newer OS than what the Mac is currently booted from. CCC issues a warning, indicates clearly that the destination may not be bootable, but now you're welcome to proceed in this scenario if you have a particular need to create a non-bootable backup of the source system.
- Fixed an issue in which you'd be prevented from backing up to a new disk image stored on the startup disk.
- Fixed the "Open Disk Utility" and "Open Terminal" menu items in the Utilities menu for Catalina users.
- Addressed an edge case in which CCC would errantly report that it was unable to bless the destination because it's in the same APFS container as the current startup disk.
- Fixed some quirky behavior of the email password text field in the Preferences window.
- Addressed a couple errant Cloning Coach messages.
- Addressed a race condition that could cause the CCC User Agent to lose its connection to CCC's privileged helper tool after applying an update to CCC. This would lead to an empty task list in the CCC menubar, a lack of task started/finished notifications, and a failure to present the mini task progress window.
- Addressed an issue in which CCC would not create the APFS helper partitions on an APFS destination when restoring from an HFS+ volume, resulting in a non-bootable volume.
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More