News Archive for Friday, July 12th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS Updates/Wi-Fi
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|802.11ac WiFi Adapter (USB) with Mac OS X Drivers: (updated)|
[FYI: For later info, see updated page of Mac/OS X Compatible 802.11ac adapters/cards that also includes info on PCIe 802.11ac cards for Mac Pros as well as several USB 802.11ac adapters with Mac OS X drivers.]
(original post/earlier info follows)
A reader sent a FYI on the ($52.99 list) D-Link DWA-180 802.11ac Dual Band USB Adapter (No longer at D-Link site) with mac drivers. (Note the specs show a USB 2.0 device interface - which is 480Mbps max, typically less real-world.) The product page Download tab has Mac drivers for OS X. (Beta as of July 2013 - download contains OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 drivers.)
If any reader tries one or any other 802.11ac adapter with mac support (w/faster interface like USB3 or PCIe/Mini-PCIe), let me know. (Please include mac model/OS/USB port/Base/Link speeds, etc) - Thanks!
|Apple/products related News/Reviews/Tips/Op-Ed/SW Updates:
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Thursday July 11th, 2013 News Archive
- AirPort Utility 6.3.1 for Mac (info/download)
- Audio problems with Plantronics 655 USB headsets? (forum posts)
- DOJ's Victory Over Apple May Turn Out To Be A Pyrrhic One
- Why Apple's Fall releases are make or break for Cupertino
- Report: iPhone Shortfall Could Cost Verizon $14B
- Apple prepping IGZO displays for next-gen iPad
- LaCie NAS OS 3 Updated to v3.1
- Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- (Late 2012) Mac mini & iMac: About Fusion Drive
- Apple Diagnostics: Reference codes
- About Wake on Demand and Bonjour Sleep Proxy
- How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity
- iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim
- How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device
- Motion 5: Support resources
- Motion 5: Troubleshooting basics
- Logic Pro 9: Projects may not open from the Finder
- Logic 9.1.4 or later: Core Audio System Overload messages
- OS X Mail: Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages
- iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer
- iTunes and iOS: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- iOS: Restore error 3194 or 'This device isn't eligible for requested build'
- iAd Producer 4.0.1: Troubleshooting embedded video in iBooks Author widgets
- iPhone: Wireless carrier support and features
- OS X Lion: Unable to log in with ADmitMac v5 installed
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More