News Archive for Friday, June 14th, 2013 Goto Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Reviews/Op-Ed/Tips:
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Site Sponsor =
Accelsior_E2 PCIe SSD with Dual eSATA III Ports
Mac bootable PCIe SSD with 2 eSATA III Ports
Up to 823MB/s read and 783MB/s write speeds
Can be used in Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
Already have your own SSDs?
Use them in a Tempo SSD or Tempo Pro SSD SATA3 PCIe Adapter card
Listing/links of updates to mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (OS X SSD Trim Enablers, Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods (eSATA/USB 3.0), 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, $250 Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, DIY OS X Fusion drives, Low-Cost 2006 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades/unofficial EFI updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more)
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 News Archive
- (Very Short) Review of Mid-2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Maverick: Developers discuss Apple's new love for power users
- Options for secure file removal in the OS X Terminal
- Apple's iOS 7 makes a bold move for the car dash
- Why BMW doesn't plan to integrate Apple's iOS in the Car
- (802.11ac) AirPort Time Capsule A1470 Teardown
- New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update reappears in Software Update after install
- MacBook Air (13in, Mid 2013): Keyboard and Trackpad may stop functioning during Windows 8 install
- MacBook Pro (13in, Late 2012), MacBook Air (Mid 2013): Distorted or black screen during Windows 7 or 8 install
- About the Low Battery Indicator
- Can't connect to the iTunes Store
- iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer
- iPhone/iPad/iPod touch: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures
- Other News/Reviews/Op-Ed/Tech/OT:
- Review: Seagate 4TB NAS HDD
- Review: NYNE NB-250 portable Bluetooth speaker
- Review: Enter the Dragon: 40th Anniv. Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
- First Apple, and Now Myspace? New Services Try to Crash Pandora's Party
- UPS Doesn't Offer "Insurance", Even If An Employee Tells You It Does
- Vizio Introduces 80-Inch Smart TV for $4K
- Balancing Security and Liberty in the Age of Big Data
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!