News Archive for Thursday, June 27th, 2013 Goto Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Reviews/Op-Ed/Software Updates:
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Sponsor =
miniStack MAX, 4-in-1 Storage Solution
Combines an external drive, optical drive, SD card reader + USB powered hub. Interfaces: 2x USB3.0/2.0, eSATA, 2x FW800 and USB charging port. Available with up to 4TB HD (+ Blu-Ray writer or CD/DVD writer/Blu-Ray-reader) or as an enclosure kit (add your own drive(s))
[Several 0GB Enclosure kits and optical drives on site specials page]
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Under $50 Dual Quad-Core Xeon CPU upgrade, OS X SSD Trim Enablers, Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods, 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, Low-Cost DIY Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, DIY OS X Fusion drives, 2006-08 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more.)
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Wednesday June 26th, 2013 News Archive
- Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.8 (now requires OS X Lion or later)
- iPhone Microsoft Office Not Worth Wait: Rich Jaroslovsky
- Apple Abroad: What if the World Doesn't Want IPhones?
- Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- Time Capsule: Initial backup is interrupted
- How to verify or erase a Time Capsule disk
- Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule FAQ
- OS X: Connecting a Wi-Fi printer to your Wi-Fi network
- AirPort: Joining an encrypted WEP or WPA Wi-Fi network
- AirPort base stations: About AirPort base station status lights (LED)
- AirPort bases: How to find the Wi-Fi network when it doesn't appear normally
- AirPort bases: Printing to an AirPort base station from Windows XP
- Wi-Fi base station: Understanding and resolving a blinking amber status light
- iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
- Vintage and obsolete products
- Other News/Reviews/Tech/OT:
- Nvidia delays Shield to July, due to 11th-hour dilemma
- Device That Turns Your Phone Into A 3-D Camera (On Kickstarter)
- Sharp Unveils 70-inch THX-Certified Ultra HD TV
- Computer Game Concept Art
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More