News Archive for Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 Goto Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Rumors/Tips/Sales/SW Updates:
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Site Sponsor =
miniStack MAX, 4-in-1 Storage Solution
Combines an external drive, optical drive, SD card reader + USB powered hub. Interfaces: 2x USB3.0/2.0, eSATA, 2x FW800 and USB charging port. Available with up to 4TB HD (+ Blu-Ray writer or CD/DVD writer/Blu-Ray-reader) or as an enclosure kit (add your own drive(s))
[Several 0GB Enclosure kits and optical drives on site specials page]
Listing/links of updates to mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods (eSATA/USB 3.0), 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, $250 Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, DIY OS X Fusion drives, Low-Cost 2006 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades/unofficial EFI updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more)
= From my Site Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 News Archive
- Apple's Made-in-USA Mac Will Be Built in Texas
- Microsoft's Xbox One Raises Questions About Apple's Mysterious TV Plans
- Chrome 27 fixes 14 flaws, enables spoken conversations w/Google
- Cook Defending Apple Puts Loophole-Closing Back on Agenda
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy
- iPad Accessories for the Home Theater Crowd
- OWC Spring Battery Bundle Special (sponsor blog)
- New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- Mac Basics: File Sharing
- Mac App Store may become unresponsive when installing apps
- OS X: Bluetooth Not Working/Bluetooth devices become unresponsive (w/tip)
- Boot Camp 5: Frequently asked questions
- Using the Unified Photo Library
- iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime
- iCloud: Why was I spammed?
- MacBook Pro: Bottom case foot replacement DIY instructions
- iTunes for Windows: Moving your iTunes Media folder
- About the security content of QuickTime 7.7.4
- Other News/Reviews/Op-Ed/Tech/OT:
- QuickTime 7.7.4 for Windows (security fixes)
- Samsung SSD 840 (TLC NAND) Review
- Google Play Music All Access: Streaming "Radio Without Rules"
- Xbox One: Hardware and software specs detailed and analyzed
- Mint 15: Today's best Linux desktop (Review)
- New wireless network record: 40Gbps over 1km, using EHF 240GHz
- Samsung-LG Misstep on TV Screens Creates Opening for Sony
- Pearson agrees $75 million settlement in U.S. eBook pricing case
- (Twitter's Blog) Getting started with (2-step) login verification
- How Someone Refund Scammed $624,000 from Walmart
- Unchain Your Phone With the Unlocking Technology Act
- The Ultimate Gangsters Collection Contemporary (5 Blu-ray set)
- Review: Stand Up Guys (Blu-ray)
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More