|Archive of August 10th to 14th, 2020 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update Info & Download|
macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update available via software update or download page.
"macOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update includes bug fixes for your Mac.
Apple's Security Updates page notes "This update has no published CVE entries".
(Based on past history, macOS 10.15.6 downloads may be revised later to include this.)
Fixes a stability issue that could occur when running virtualization apps.
Resolves an issue where an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) may appear washed out after waking from sleep."
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.21 Update|
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the August 10, 2020 Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.21 release notes:
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
- Added an exclusion for a system cache folder that has been causing some stalls,
affecting primarily 10.15.6 users.
- Addressed an error related to the copying of a "SystemKey" file on a Catalina startup disk.
- Addressed an issue affecting the bootability of Yosemite and El Capitan backups.
|DisplayLink Manager macOS App v1.1 (for macOS Big Sur Beta and Catalina)|
The DisplayLink macOS USB Software page has "DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity v1.1" (macOS app). A clip from the v1.1 release notes (text file D/L):
"This is DisplayLink macOS app v1.1.0.
Related links follow:
Read the full release notes for more details.
Details about this app can be found in our FAQ.
This version supports macOS version 10.15.x and 11.0 Public Beta.
New features in this release
- Screen rotation is now available in macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta.
- User will be prompted to uninstall legacy drivers if detected.
Classic DisplayLink driver 5.2.5 stays available for macOS 10.14 Mojave and macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Known issues and limitations
- No support for rotated DisplayLink screens in macOS Catalina 10.15.x
- No support for clamshell mode with DisplayLink screen connected.
- Some HiDPI mode are not available on DisplayLink screens (29526)"
(Previous DisplayLink software for macOS is under "Legacy Releases" on the macOS page.)
= from my sponsor =
|iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 Updates|
From the iOS 13.6.1 release notes:
"iOS 13.6.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low.
Fixes a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint.
Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users."
Info from the iPadOS 13.6.1 release notes:
"iPadOS 13.6.1 addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low and includes other bug fixes for your iPad."
(Apple's Security Updates page notes these updates have no published CVE entries.)
|Apple/Products related News, Tips, Updates, PR
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates|
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
(Plus guides on T2 Macs Firmware Restore, & Firmware Restore CD downloads for older Macs.)
|Other News, Software Updates, LG OLED TV Firmware Updates, and Reviews (later added first)
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software/driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
August 3rd to 7th, 2020 News Archive
- New 2020 iMac 27-inch gets Major Updates.
- Apple also Updates the iMac 21.5-Inch and iMac Pro.
- OWC Rover Pro Wheel kit for 2019 Mac Pro is $500 less than Apple's.
- 2020 Macbook Pro Overheating reports in Apple forum continues to grow.
- Article on Apple's New 27-Inch iMac for 2020.
- Tip for LG UltraFine 5K Flickering Screen Problem.
- Phil Schiller advances to Apple Fellow (apple press release)
- Verify your app's integrity with the Apple's new App Attest API.
- The Next Step in SSD Evolution: NVMe Zoned Namespaces Explained.
- State-of-the-Art Spectral Editing with New SpectraLayers 7.
- Sabrent Rocket (M.2) NVMe 4.0 2TB SSD Review.
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates.
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!