Also added a reply from Wolfgang (reader from germany that asked the question originally) to the posts on using early 2011 MacBook Pro w/10.6.8 after the EFI security update that includes notes on a later SMC version for his MBP than listed on the US page of SMC updates. (And the later 1.7 SMC version was posted in Dec. 2012, before the (US) v1.6 SMC update from Jan 30, 2013 for the same battery issue.)
"Java for OS X 2015-001 Beta
Java for OS X 2015-001 beta installs the legacy Java 6 runtime for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
This package is exclusively intended for support of legacy software, and installs the same deprecated version of Java 6 included in the 2013-005 release. If you require Java for applets or other non-legacy uses it is recommended you download the latest version of Java from http://java.com.
Professional grade, 4-bay enclosure with dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports and RAID-ready (including RAID5), perfect for meeting demanding workflows of users. Reliable, Versatile and Capable. Up to 32TB Capacity (RAID model). Or add your own Drives with a Thunderbay 4 Enclosure Kit.
Can EFI Security Updated Early 2011 MacBook Pro still boot OS X 10.6.8? (w/replies)
Notes on 2012 Mac Mini and EFI Security Update/Security Update 2015-005
Reminder on specific Mac models that get EFI Security Update (new bootrom version)
Tip for 'An Error Occurred While Preparing the Installation'
Square Enix pulls Mac Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward and offers refunds
Reviews of Samsung 2TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO SSDs
Apple How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates: (partial list)
- Using USB 3 devices on Mac computers FAQ
- About the screens you see when your Mac starts up
- How to set up Home Sharing on your Mac
- How to move your content to your new 2015 MacBook
- Promise VTrak: Configuring for optimal performance
- If Photos can't upgrade your library because it's on an unsupported volume
- If your startup disk is full
- iCloud Drive FAQ / Get help using iCloud Drive
- Upgrade your iCloud storage on your Mac or iOS device
- About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Requirements for Continuity on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
- Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store
- If you can't see images for Apple Music playlists, albums, or artists