(And for the 3rd time, revised OWC SSD firmware update reports post on Dave's updater (boot) problems. Confirmed that the Electra 3D is actually in a 2006 MacBook Pro (1,1) which can't boot the Firmware Updater and is not on the list of compatible macbook pro models on the D/L page. (The first sentence of his report mentioned a MacBook Pro 8,3 model not booting a DVD he made. He later said he could boot the MBP 8,3 using a USB flash drive, but it doesn't have the SSD installed. FYI in case anyone saw the page earlier.)
note for "Report/Tip on 2013 Mac Pro Sleep/Reboot Problem (10.9.2 helped?)"
I just had my 2013 nMP (Late 2013 Mac Pro) get to a point where it won't even power-up. Happened right after plugging in 2006 Mac Pro as a target drive using Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. nMP shut down immediately after drives appeared on desktop of nMP, nothing will get it started again.
Called apple, talked to a senior service advisor who said Apple is aware of the issue and is collecting data.
Amazon AppStream now available for all developers, including Mac
New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
- How to Restore your Apple TV
- Tips to resolve iTunes update and restore errors
- OS X Printer and scanner software available for download
- OS X 10.9.x: Updating disc-installed versions of Apple apps via Mac App Store
- Problems that some USB hubs may cause (now archived)
- Article on Buffalo Tech WZR-1750DHPD 802.11ac router
- Testing SATA Express (Asus)
- Review of 128GB SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Neil Young's PonoMusic hits $2M on Kickstarter in one day
- DTS Studies Brainwaves to Prove Sound Really Matters
- Woojer Wearable Woofer (fits in a Pocket).